Our Guelph Chiropractors have a unique approach that will help you to feel better and stay well. This is a thorough approach to reduce pain and improve health. Although we often see quick results, there are no quick fixes. From our experience, we find that chiropractic patients who take an active role in their health respond better and with longer lasting results. Choosing your chiropractor is personal. Wondering if we are a good fit for you? Book a free 10 minute consultation to discuss any questions you may have.
Feel Better (Remove)
This stage is about addressing the pain. We focus on applying safe, effective, non-surgical therapies to reduce your pain. This is also the most intensive stage as we are breaking up the pain-dysfunction cycle that your body is in.
- Your first visit starts with a thorough consultation and physical exam to determine the source of your problem. You can expect this to take about 45 minutes – 1hour. Treatment may start at the first visit depending on the condition.
- At the second visit we’ll provide a detailed outline of your specific plan to decrease your pain and improve your health. This visit will be 20-30 minutes in length. Treatment is included.
- During this first stage subsequent treatments may be daily or every second day and are shorter in time. The total number of treatments and their frequency depends on both the severity of your condition and predisposing lifestyle factors.
- Treatments may consist of manual adjustments, mobilization, muscle therapy, TENS, microcurrent, or passive stretching.
In stage 2 you’re starting to feel much better. As the pain decreases so does the frequency of in-clinic treatments. We also start to incorporate specific stretches and exercises prescribed to stabilize the progress you’ve made.
- By stage 2 you’re starting to feel much better.
- Frequency of visits decrease to about once per week with each treatment building upon the progress of the previous treatments.
- Now we start to incorporate specific stretches/exercises into your plan to help stabilize the progress you’ve made. Not all exercises are created equal. That’s why it’s important to know which can help with your condition and which can harm.
- Playing an active role in your treatment helps with how fast and how well you recover.
Stay Well (Groove)
By stage 3 your pain is primarily resolved. This is the time to look at predisposing lifestyle factors, such as exercise, nutrition, or proper ergonomics and making changes so that not only do you feel better, but you stay well.
- In stage 3 your pain is primarily resolved.
- Incorporating a general exercise program or reviewing one already in place is encouraged to ensure your body gets the regular motion it needs.
- A nutritional evaluation may be implemented to ensure you’re fueling your body well and staying energized.
- Periodic checkups every 1-2 months help to prevent relapses.
- Small changes can make a big difference and often that’s all it takes. Not everyone needs a change in exercise, orthotics or a nutritional overhaul. But for those who do, it can make a world of difference.